Monday, March 5, 2018

Facing eviction now

Looks to me like this post is complete. Will keep it up as I think there is a value in the information public. At this time do not think there will be any more updates to it.

Update April 3rd: Evicted. Now some place else. Still seems like such a waste. Did my best though. Now is on to next thing. Must figure it out. Am keeping this update calm. Am very upset. Will simply note and force myself to keep it short, and tame.

Update April 2nd: Got a reply from office of Governor Nathan Deal. Says situation is outside his authority, and should continue to work with local folks. Ok. Well at least got a reply. Now into another month and guessing eviction still working way through courts. Good news is, even if tossed out of here, have other places can go. Just wish could figure out. Am more certain web is key. But yeah, yet ANOTHER month's rent, now due.

Update March 23rd: Still in apartment! Not sure exactly why haven't been tossed out yet, but hey not complaining. And still working on things, primarily through state agencies but also trying to get my own things going. Figured should update in case there were folks concerned. Am more optimistic will figure something out now. Feel like talking it out is helping me figure things out and may help others. For me, sharing things on the web seems to work for a process, but should also state, no, not soliciting funds. But information could be great! And I just think story is important to be out there too as to how it can be with an actual situation.

Update March 21st: Nothing worked. Help appreciated! Like information, what can I do now?

Update March 14th: Got served. So now is real. And feel guilty too. Came here with the best of intentions and should have been plenty of time. The veterans programs which helped me were a lifeline and still are. However my situation puzzled me, and I think puzzled lots of government workers. Still was not a complete waste! Figured out much. And of course can easily move on from here. Just really wanted this to succeed. And government spends so much on programs like have helped me, where I think should work harder on making sure gets you to fully back on your feet. Arbitrary timelines just may not be enough for each person.

Contacted Governor Nathan Deal. Can someone in his office make sure he knows so I get through whatever person or person might push such a message to the side? Thanks.

-------------------------------------------

A really patient company has reached its limits and with me behind on the rent, eviction procedures are in place and do not blame them. The place is Creekside Vista in Macon, GA, USA and was a great find for me to be here. Like check the map for businesses within walking distance! Came out of a VA Medical Center in Dublin on a program that temporarily pays your rent! The idea being to give you enough time to get a paying job.

And have explained much in prior posts on this subject. When I got to Macon from Dublin last year in February immediately was in touch with Georgia Vocational Rehab where was lucky to have their help. Got it as a result of the state considering me disabled based on my difficulty in getting a job for so long and a review by a medical board. Not sure on the specifics, but yeah am STILL struggling with getting work with the help.

But time marches on, and yeah exhausted the time limit for the temporary rent help. Am NOW getting more job training work which is better focused from Georgia Vocational Rehab, but with this huge bill to pay for rent! And continuing bills of other kinds.

Sounds like a challenge to me, which is how am phrasing. With these kinds of situations the main thing is focus and attitude, with a certainty there is a resolution. Will figure it out.

Feel like something really weird is going on. But basic is: must have an income. So that part is easy enough. Question is--why has been so difficult to get to an income, even with professional help?

Why share here? Well talked situation before, but also have a lot from programs for veterans. And am willing to accept much fault for things not going better, but like to think am a smart guy. Do wonder what else I should have done.

My feeling is yeah, my web presence can make it harder, but should not be impossible, and there may be part of it. Web is so new, and am trying to explain to folks especially on job search focus, but still how hard should it be to explain that one?

And for veterans yeah, can be this massive thing when have gone through the programs, I guess. Who knows if others struggle with these same programs like I have, but would NOT be surprised. Like I have a degree in physics, my own open source software program and know how to code, and I like to write with a HUGE web presence. And I'm looking at a WALL which defies explanation.

Then again that huge web presence thing there. Before web? Had no problems getting a job. But still sure could make it harder but would think, not impossible. And should open other opportunities while closing others.

That is the rational thing do tell myself. So far struggling to have reality meet what I believe should be true.

Is weird. Web is new, yes. But new should actually help! Web enables so much more.

So I work at explaining. Maybe sharing my story can help others, and also might help me! What is going on here? Working to figure out can help me and others.

Is messed up though, and having exhausted family support means am looking at first time to potentially being forced onto the streets. That to me is suspicious. There is still possibly a shelter option here in Macon. Would prefer not, but may find out how deep this thing is, if find that option is actually closed.

Not interested in finding that one out. So will shift to working harder at problem solving. Maybe is time to test more.

Getting answers though will happen. That is just a matter of time as well.


James Harris

No comments: