Friday, May 22, 2009

Questioning with money

Link above goes to: The New York Times

Quote from the Source:
YOUR MONEY / ASSET ALLOCATION
Time for a New Strategy?
By TARA SIEGEL BERNARD
Published: May 21, 2009
The definition of diversification is evolving as hard-hit investors rethink traditional approaches to take advantage of shorter-term opportunities.


Speed and liquidity. I'm no expert and I'm not rich, as I feel I'm at least for the moment solidly middle-class, but it just seems to me that when information shoots around the planet so fast it's harder to get away with bad bets.

Markets are punishing dumb moves when before you could get away with them as long as you were a big player or got a herd following you but today's market casually punishes entire countries.

It's a whole new world.

No comments: